Wednesday 5 February 2014

WIP Wedsnesday

As you can see I am getting back on track with this long neglected blog, and now that I take Wednesdays off work to take Master A to his OT sessions, I also get to sneak a little time for me on a Wednesday afternoon, so a return to WIP Wednesday is in order!




Waiting for some white solid background are these little strippy triangles. After sorting through my fabric over the summer holidays, I realised how many scraps I have, and want to tackle a few different scrap busters this year, and this one caught my eye. It's so relaxing, and a little bit addictive.

I have decided to make the finished quilt top my goal for the month of February and am linking up with the "Lovely Year of Finishes".  After this new project, I will be focussing on long term WIPS to get out of the cupboard and into use!

I'd be in that sewing room making more blocks for this now if I wasn't so exhausted from speaking at "acquaintance night" at my children's school.  I shared a little about our beautiful boy, the challenges he faces living with ASD, and how he is transitioning back to mainstream school this year. So far the transition is going better than anticipated, his teacher is wonderfully supportive and open to learning more about how best to teach him, and the parents were very positive tonight, encouraged by what his allowances will also do for their children (his class helpers will help their kids if he is ok) and what he can teach them too. Here's to a positive and productive year ahead!



No comments: